Dig into the scriptures using a NEW tool: DOODLING
Those who fear the Lord
he will be a refuge
for their children.
words→pictures→doodle→for some of us: art
If you’re looking for a new way to spend time in the scriptures listening for what God has to say to you today, you might try doodling.
I am not an accomplished artist, but I am a life-long doodler. Here’s the method I use. I invite you to adapt it to fit your own style and skillset.
- Read the verses and pray about them.
- Ask yourself:
- Is there a word or phrase the jumps out at me?
- What visual comes to mind? (It may be as simple as colors, an abstract, a word, or a stick figure…)
- Do the verses remind me of something or someone in my life?
- If I was going to explain this concept to a 6-year-old, what picture would aid in understanding?
- Draw a picture or write the words and let the Holy Spirit guide your thoughts.
Feel free to share your work in the comments.
2 thoughts on “Bible Doodle: Proverbs 14:26”
I use The New King James Bible. shows Proverb 26 differently. In the fear of The Lord there is strong confidence, and HIS children will have a place of refuge.
Yes, so many translations have slightly different wording. In this case, for me, I don’t find a difference in meaning although the working is slightly different. Also, I find reading the same verse at different times, in different circumstances, I find I hear something different stressed. I believe this is because the Word of God is “alive.”
Often, in studying, I read in many different translations (and some transliterations). If I feel the need, I will look for a commentary that gives information on the original Hebrew or Greek.