…Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit… Acts 2:2-4a (NLT)
If you’re a believer in Jesus Christ,
you have experienced it.
It makes you want to dance.
David Crowder just released a great song to celebrate the Holy Spirit falling from heaven and filling us: WILDFIRE!
words→pictures→doodle→for some of us: art
If you’re looking for a new way to spend time in the scriptures listening for what God has to say to you today, you might try doodling.
I am not an accomplished artist, but I am a life-long doodler. Here’s the method I use. I invite you to adapt it to fit your own style and skillset.
- Read the verses and pray about them.
- Ask yourself:
- Is there a word or phrase the jumps out at me?
- What visual comes to mind? (It may be as simple as colors, an abstract, a word, or a stick figure…)
- Do the verses remind me of something or someone in my life?
- If I was going to explain this concept to a 6-year-old, what picture would aid in understanding?
- Draw a picture or write the words and let the Holy Spirit guide your thoughts.
Feel free to share your work in the comments or on my Facebook Page.