I love Christmas music, and I listen to an eclectic mix of styles. However, I am finding there are also some songs I turn off immediately. I’m sure you do, too. But in case our tastes are in sync, I’d like to share a few of my favorites. Enjoy.
- The First Noel/Mary, Mary: Sarah McLachlan
If you were going to choreograph this…dream on.
- Mary Did You Know? : Mark Lowry
Every mom understands this one.
- Joseph’s Song: Michael Card
and for the fathers…
- Angels We Have Heard on High: The Piano Guys
Fun video: 32 fingers and a thumb
- Breath of Heaven: Amy Grant
You have to sing along–you can’t help yourself.
- What Child Is This?/Greensleeves: Celtic Ladies
This is also a great lullaby.
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: for KING & COUNTRY
This one surprised me; I don’t usually enjoy contemporary remakes.
- The Drummer Boy: Go Fish
This song goes places you don’t expect.
- Vivaldi’s Gloria: University of North Texas College of Music
Listen to just the first well-known song or the whole 30-minute concert.
- Silent Night
beautifully played on a cello and a saw?
- Ave Maria: Yo-Yo Ma and Katherine Stott
Just close your eyes and float with this song.
- Ona Nobis Pacem/Auld Lang Syne: Yo-Yo Ma and Chris Botti
- I just love the Robert Shaw Chorale singing Christmas music:
Fum, Fum, Fum
Good Christian Men Rejoice
I found it hard to stop. I don’t think this list could ever be complete–I always think of just one more I wanted to include!
I’d love it if you shared a few of your favorites with me.