Dig into the scriptures via a new method: DOODLING
If you’re looking for a new way to spend time in the scriptures listening for what God has to say to you today, you might try doodling.
Here’s the method I use (adapt it to fit your own style):
- Read the verses and pray about them.
- Ask yourself:
- Is there a word or phrase the jumps out at me?
- What visual comes to mind? (It may be as simple as colors, an abstract, a word, or a stick figure…)
- Do the verses remind me of something or someone in my life?
- If I was going to explain this concept to a 6-year-old, what picture would aid in understanding?
- Draw a picture or write the words and let the Holy Spirit guide your thoughts.
Why study the Bible this way? If you take it into your mind and heart enough to translate it into a picture or word, it becomes part of you. If you add a sentence or two of explanation, you then engage another part of your brain which cements God’s words even firmer into your heart and mind.
Try it. You’ll like it.