- “Sorry, Tom can’t quit posting theses puns based on adverbs yet,” Kathie said swiftly.
- “I dropped the toothpaste!” said Tom crestfallenly.
- “I couldn’t believe there were 527,986 bees in the swarm!” Tom recounted.
(Sorry, Tom, but this one is disqualified. The pun is in the verb, not an adverb.)
- “Don’t you know my name?” asked Tom swiftly.
- “Your fly is undone,” was Tom’s zippy rejoinder.
(Although very clever, this one is disqualified. The pun is in a noun clause.)
- “I only have diamonds, clubs and spades,” said Tom heartlessly.
- “I hate round, green vegetables,” Arty choked.
(My favorite disqualification. Do you know what’s wrong?)
When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow. ~Shanna Niequist
Keep loving with that big heart. Keep wearing it on your sleeve. It’s woven into your very existence. ~Art Eastman