It’s a word play where the pun is found in an adverb (or adverbial clause) referring to the rest of the sentence. Check ’em out.
- “Don’t add too much water,” said Tom with great concentration.
- “I wonder if there’s a number between seven and nine,” said Tom considerately.
- “I manufacture tabletops for shops,” said Tom counterproductively.
- “It’s not fair!” said Tom darkly.
- “Thanks for shredding the cheese,” Tom said gratefully.
What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility. ~Leo Tolstoy
Let us not love in idea, or concept, or feeling alone; let us love in action. ~Breanna Lynn